The Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship
Developed at the Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology, the Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship (BMoE) is a unique pedagogy offered in three layers: theory, entrepreneurial mindset, and new venture networks. A seminal aspect of the BMoE is the use of a game-based learning approach to develop the entrepreneurial mindset and social behaviors needed to initiate successful new ventures. The curriculum embeds games and exercises within a competition-based journey of venture creation. The Center’s courses build upon the framework from the BMoE curriculum to expand the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, leadership, and product management. Our instructors combine the BMoE framework and the latest cutting-edge trends to teach Mobile, Web 2.0, and Big Data. It turns simple group exercises into interesting projects that often result in real world companies.
- Fundamental Concepts of Technology Entrepreneurship
- BMoE Intro Slides (How we teach Technology Entrepreneurship)
- Berkley Method of Entrepreneurship (Paper)
- How to Design a Modern Entrepreneurship and Innovation Center
(What we have learned over the past 10 years)
- Global Venture Lab Report